Saturday, March 10, 2007

Good run

Yesterday I mentioned that the workout today would include 5 miles at 7:00 pace.. I was wrong. That isn't until next week. Today the schedule called for 5 miles at 7:10-7:12 pace. The first 2 miles during the warm-up were at 8:00 pace and then I gradually picked up the pace so that the 3rd mile of the warm-up was a 7:28... and then I was ready to have some fun. I have been itching to start some of this faster stuff and I knew my legs were feeling good today so I was excited to do this workout. I was running pretty relaxed and the pace felt really comfortable. The splits were 7:11, 7:02, 7:02, 7:03, 7:04. I had my mind set on running this workout at 7:00 pace so when I found out that it wasn't supposed to be that fast I decided on a compromise and figured around 7:05 would be good. It was probably a little faster than what I was supposed to do but it felt good. We'll see how tomorrow's long steady run goes now.

9 miles for the day with the possibility of a second run later (in shorts!).

64 miles for the week. A little lower than I wanted but Monday was a 3 mile day due to my knee problems.

*I did get out for that second run. 36 degrees and sunny.. it was perfect for a slow 3 miles in shorts =) So I guess that brings up my miles for the week to 67.

No comments: