Sunday, April 08, 2007

Long run

14 miles today with 6 at MP. 14 degrees and no wind this morning felt great except that it is APRIL!! I felt really good from the start and was excited that I got to pick up Eric after 9 miles so he could run my MP miles with me. We were visiting his family for Easter so his sisters were more than happy to watch Elle and Owen while we were out running together.. something we don't ever get to do. The first 8 miles went by with my legs wanting to run faster than I felt like I should have been running. I averaged 7:30 pace and my heart rate was staying in the 165-169 range. I started the MP at mile 8 with a 7:09 (172), then picked up Eric and our first mile together was 6:57 (175). It felt really good so as long as my heart rate was staying at a decent level I decided to just go with whatever pace was comfortable. The next mile was a little slower (7:08, 178) because Eric had to adjust his shoe so I backed off a little to give him a chance to catch up... he was having a pretty hard time staying with me =) The final 3 miles were 6:55 (180), 7:04 (181), and 6:43 (183). I didn't start feeling any tiredness in my legs until the last two miles but my breathing was still very much in control throughout the run. The last mile was probably a little faster than it should have been but it was fun anyway. My recovery was slower than normal.. 130 in 1:22 and 120 in 2:12.

No comments: