Friday, April 27, 2007

Easy running

Yesterday I broke my run into an easy 5 in the morning and another 2.5 in the afternoon with the kids in the stroller. Elle is a petite 29 lbs at 3 years old but Buddy at 16 months is a 27 lb beast so their combined weight along with the stroller forced me to go pretty slow. We had a good time.. it was sunny and 75 degrees... perfect for running or loading up on pretzels and lemonade.

This morning I felt a little sluggish and had a tough time mentally making it through 6.5 miles. I have been forcing myself to run slow lately on my easy days because I am scared that I am not allowing myself to recover completely. Sometimes the slow runs feel harder than the quicker ones.

1 comment:

Mike said...

What is it about boys? Ours seems pretty massive too and not much lighter than our girl, even though they're 22 months and 4 years respectively.

I'm convinced running with the stroller (especially the double) makes me run leaning forward a bit, so my calves and quads end up more sore from the different posture.

Glad to hear the weather is cooperating, it should be 95 here today.