Sunday, April 15, 2007

13 miles 1:40:32

I wasn't sure how I would feel today after yesterday's race. I wanted to get a steady long run to complete my back-to-back but figured the pace might be a little slower than usual considering that yesterday was quite a bit more difficult than a typical Saturday. My legs were a little sore this morning and it took a mile before they started feeling ok. I averaged 7:44 pace for the run and maintained a heart rate in the low 160's until mile 11 where it jumped up to 168 without a major change in pace. I knew at 12 miles that I was only going to continue for another mile... my body was feeling the need to be done. My average heart rate for the last mile was 174 so I think I was probably right that 13 was enough for today.

Overall my heart rate was lower today than I expected, especially given that I ran a race yesterday. I did wear the monitor yesterday to try to get an idea of my max and according to that the highest that I got during the race was 195 during the final lap.

No comments: