Monday, January 08, 2007

New week

Sunday's run started off a new week on a good note.. 15 miles in 1:58:20 (7:54 avg). I felt good and was happy with my pace especially considering the 20 mph wind (with 30 mph gusts). The last mile was tough heading straight into the wind but I managed to finish pretty strong with a 7:31 last mile. I felt tired but not exhausted after the run and I didn't have any muscle soreness which is pretty new for me after a long run. My knee also didn't tighten up at all during or after the run. Overall it was a good day.

Monday - 6 mile recovery run on the treadmill. I felt good today.. no soreness of any kind. I think that is a first for me following a long run.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Very nice 15 miler. Now just don't catch what Eric's got.

It's been fun watching the paces drop for both of you, and I'm glad the knee didn't bother you on this long one.

cindy said...

Thanks, Mike. So far no one else in the house has any symptoms. We're keeping our fingers crossed...