Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The Plan?

7 miles yesterday with a few .5 mile pickups throughout the run. Nothing too crazy as the overall average pace was just under 8:30. Today was a nice 10 miler at 8:40 pace. I feel really good after (and usually during) these runs which makes me think I need to be running faster. Eric (Coach) and I were talking about the plan last night and he mentioned doing a long run (16-17), a longish run (10) and then spending the rest of the week running close to or at my goal 1/2 marathon pace for 30-40 minutes. I am not sure if I am going to be able to get in shape to run 6:30-6:40 pace for 13 miles but I am going to try. I think I will start next week by seeing how long I can last at 6:40 pace... even if it is only for a mile or so during a 40 minute run. Hopefully then I can just keep building on that until I am able to maintain for a couple of miles and eventually throughout a 40 minute effort. We'll see. If nothing else it will be a good test for me to see where I really am at right now.

No comments: