Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Overwhelmingly overwhelmed

Easy 8 miles outside today (1:06:00). I felt really good but have been struggling the last few days with feeling overwhelmed about how much time I am putting in to my running. With taking care of Elle and Owen full-time, working half-time and running this much, I don't have many spare minutes in my day. I stopped feeling sorry for myself around mile 4 and decided to remember how lucky I am that I get to take care of my babies instead of having to send them off to daycare =) Running is my away time.. my time to relax and not think about the kids and everything that needs to get taken care of at home, work, etc... When I forget to really enjoy it and start thinking about what needs to be done, I get overwhelmed and feel like I need to be doing something else. Hmmm... I guess I just need to stop thinking while I am running.

No comments: