Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!!

I haven't posted since Wednesday.. hmmm.... what has happened since then??

Thursday: easy 6

Friday: 7 miles with a 6:50 mile in the middle just to see how it would feel. I actually felt really good even on the treadmill. I thought 6:50 pace would feel like I was flying off the end of the treadmill but it was ok. I found that I was able to tick up the pace throughout the mile and could have continued for a little longer at that pace. It was encouraging but I can't imagine running even a couple of miles at that pace right now. I guess I will just build up slowly.

Saturday: Christmas with Eric's family... didn't take time to run. Ended the week with 45 miles on 6 days without a long run.


Sunday: I felt really good at the start of the run and decided to go with it. I ran the first few miles around 7:40 pace and was feeling fine. I had planned to run 15 or 16 but changed my mind and decided to go 14 but try to keep up the quicker pace. I finished the run in 1:48:19 (7:46 pace). I was definitely tired at the end and the last mile was a little tough but I maintained the pace. It seems like I am finding a different rhythm now that I have started incorporating some faster stuff.

No comments: