Monday, December 18, 2006

11th week

This is the start of the 11th week since I have been running (seriously) again. I have been putting in a lot more miles than I have ever before but I have been doing so at a slower pace than I am used to. Yesterday I was crunched for time while at home for Christmas so I decided to give myself an hour to run rather than the 2+ hours it would have taken to do my usual long run. I wanted to see how a faster effort (7:30ish pace) would feel. I was hoping to get 8 miles in under 60 minutes. I ended up finishing in 58:39 with these splits: 7:26, 7:13, 7:21, 7:28, 7:27, 7:18, 7:09, 7:09. I really felt pretty good and probably could have hung on to that pace for another couple of miles. Considering how out of shape I was when I started this 11 weeks ago, I feel pretty good about this run. Even though it was a nice change from my usual pace, I sure missed my long run!

Today was an easy 7 on the treadmill. I was surprised that I wasn't tired at all from yesterday's run... my legs felt really fresh.

No comments: