Sunday, December 03, 2006

Not today

14 today in 1:54:20. It just didn't feel very good today... I had a tough time mentally and was ready to give up at 12. I had decided before I went out that I was running 14 so I am happy that I stuck with it considering how I felt. I tried to throw some faster miles in the middle of the run to see if I could get things rolling a little. Miles 1-4 were around 8:20 so I dropped down to 7:46 for 5 and 6. It felt ok and I came back with 8:16, 8:15, 8:06 and then decided to throw in another 2 at a faster pace. 7:54 was all I could come up with for mile 10 and mile 11 beat me mentally and I ended up backing off. I was surprised to see that I still ran 8:03. I was still feeling rough mentally during mile 12 and felt myself slowing down as I thought about turning back and heading for home. I decided to suck it up and get 14 even if I had to slow down.. somehow making that decision was enough for my legs to feel a little better and I finished with 8:03 and 8:12. I realized after I ran that I really hadn't eaten much before I went out and it was alreay 10:00 by the time I got out the door. I was pretty preoccupied with the kids this morning and only had time for a piece of toast and a cup of cocoa pretty early. I also didn't finish my gatorade during the run because it turned to slush after about 30 minutes and I was too cold to take it in. I feel pretty beat...

3 comments:

Eric said...

Still a very good run. You stuck it out in very tough conditions, and even had some fast stuff in there. Good job!

Mike said...

These ones make you tougher, nice work. I'm sure Eric took care of all the chores yesterday so you could rest...right?

cindy said...

Thanks guys. Mike, you have Eric pegged. Not only did I get to rest, he went out and got me soda, cheetos, and M&M's to make me feel better. He's such a baby doll =)