Wednesday, December 27, 2006

35 so far

Sunday - 14

Monday - 6 mile recovery run. My left knee was a little sore.. odd, but maybe from the harder Sunday run. I haven't had any IT band issues for a long time now so I wasn't too worried. The 14 on Sunday was all on pavement and I was outside for this run as well. I tried to run some on grass (golf course) but the frozen ground didn't make the best footing. I was going to go 7 but quit early because my knee actually hurt bad enough to make me think I should stop. Still managed 8:20 pace and had to work to slow myself down. Felt really good for a recovery day.

Tuesday - Should have iced after Monday's run! Ran on the treadmill and still felt some lingering knee pain. I was going to throw in a little faster stuff... build from a 7:30 mile down to 6:40 pace and try to maintain for a mile or so. I got down to 7:30 pace and managed that for a mile.. it felt like crap and I hung on thinking it might get better. It didn't and I realized going faster just wasn't happening for this run. I stopped at 5 because my knee was hurting and I knew I needed time to ice!!!

Wednesday- 10 miles at 8:45 pace. My legs felt great today and didn't notice my knee at all. Ran on the treadmill and struggled a little mentally to get 10.... it felt like I had already been running forever at 4 miles. I am not a big fan of treadmill running... especially after I get to run outside for a couple days in a row. At least I get to catch up on episodes of House =)

4 comments:

Love2Run said...

Hi! Eric left his footprint over on Mike's blog. Are you sure you aren't preparing for a marathon? You've got some nice mileage and faster runs in your comeback thus far. Nice job!

Thomas said...

I followed the same link as the previous poster, and I agree with his sentiments. You're doing some decent mileage, and some very impressive tempo runs.

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cindy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the kind words as well. I guess I might have to expect a little traffic now that my ever so funny husband left a link on Mike's blog. He has been threatening to link my blog on his own site for quite some time and I have not let him. I think he found a different way to out me.

As far as preparing for a marathon.. I don't have the desire to run one right now. I like to think that someday I may change my mind but for now I am interested in shorter distances. Even the half marathon is stretching it a little for me. I was an 800 meter runner in college and am hoping to get in decent shape to run some local road races this spring and summer (5k, 10k and half marathon). It has been quite a few years and two kids later since I have been in decent racing shape.

I must say though that the more I do these long runs, the more I find myself enjoying them. Maybe after a year or so of this higher mileage training I will find myself wanting to run a marathon!