Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The week so far

This week started with my 16 miler on Sunday, followed by a recovery run (5 miles) on the treadmill on Monday. I actually felt pretty good on Monday and am hoping to eventually get that run up to 7 or 8 miles. Tuesday was supposed to be a 7 mile hardish run but we had an ice storm which meant Eric and I shared time on the treadmill. I ran 4 at just over 8 minute pace (which on the treadmill feels pretty fast) and did another 3 later while the kids were napping. I did the middle 1.5 miles of that run at 7:30 pace. I need to get myself adjusted to the pace on the treadmill a little better. I always feel like I am working way too hard for the pace that it tells me. Today I ran 9 miles at 8:50 pace.. once I got going it actually felt pretty easy. I think I will just start trying to tick up the pace on my runs until I am running something closer to what I would be doing if I were outside. The good thing is that I seem to be holding up to the miles fine now and have been working on increasing the pace as well. Things seem to be going pretty well right now...

Sunday: 16
Monday: 5
Tuesday: 4, 3
Wednesday: 9

37 miles so far this week. I should be able to get 18-20 over the next 3 days for a total of 55-57.

No comments: