Sunday, November 19, 2006

I hate titles

I finished last week with 6 on Friday and 4.5 on Saturday. Saturday was a busy day with me trying to fit a run in on a short break that I had from work in the morning. I cut it a little too close and had to stop at 4.5 instead of the 5.5 that I had planned. The week ended at 47 miles with everything feeling good. The IT band tightness that I had been experiencing seems to be under control as long as I stretch well and ice with some regularity.

This morning I ran 15 miles in 2:03:14 (8:13 avg) with the last 6 in 8:04, 8:35, 7:53, 7:55, 7:45, and 7:39. I was trying to stay around 8 minute pace at the end and then finish the last couple with whatever I had left. I am not quite sure what happened at mile 11 (8:35) but overall it went pretty well. It was a solid effort and my legs actually feel pretty good right now. I have been thinking about what races I may want to run in the spring... Eric is convinced that I should run the Fargo half marathon in May. He might just have me talked into it...

No comments: