Wednesday, November 22, 2006

New shoes

I ordered a pair of Asic 2080s that are not agreeing with my feet. I was wearing the 2110s and had worn the 2080s before but for some reason this particular pair seems to be too narrow. I started wearing them last Friday and since then have had a number of minor issues with my feet and right achilles. The most worrisome was a burning and pulling sensation on the bottom of my foot and some tightness in my achilles. I went back to my old shoes yesterday and iced my foot and achilles... things seemed to be better this morning. Anyway, those shoes will go back. Yesterday was an easy 5.5 (had to get rid of the .5 from the day before) and this morning was an easy 6. Hopefully I will have time for 8 tomorrow and with a couple 6 milers to end the week I should crack 50.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Personally, I could never get down with the 2080's, 2090's or 2100's. The arch is too far forward for me and the forefoot a little narrow. The 2100's start to give me plantar issues if I even use them for yardwork. Have you thought about the Brooks Adrenaline (works for me) or the Radius (cheaper but similar)? They are definitely a bit wider in the forefoot and midfoot, but not sloppy-wide.

cindy said...

I have been wearing that series of asics shoes for as long as I can remember and they have always been good shoes for me. I wore the 2080s before and they were fine.. although I wasn't running many miles at that time. I think I am just going to go back to the 2110s and maybe order them a half size bigger. I have always worn my shoes a little snug and probably could use a little extra room anyway.