Saturday, August 18, 2007

10k :: 39:17

Today was a pretty fun day. I can't spend too much time on blogging though because I have lots of studying to do! The race went really well. I felt fantastic and the course was pretty fast (it was just a tad short.. it came up on the garmin as 6.17 miles). It was a little tough mentally because it was just a big square out on country roads (1.5 miles worth of gravel) so that meant no spectators and just a lot of open road to look at. I was happy with how well I was able to stay focused. Here are the splits:

3:49 (179) | 3:57 (190) |3:58 (195) |
4:05 (196) |4:10 (196) | 4:02 (195) |
4:01 (196) | 3:55 (196) |3:52 (197) | 3:30 (197)

(~60m short +15 seconds = 39:32 = NEW PR - ed.)

The 4:05 and 4:10 splits came on the gravel which was also into the wind and the last 1k was .o4 short. Otherwise it seemed to be a pretty consistent effort. I won the womens' division (and 75 bucks!) and took second overall. The guy that beat me was a real jackass. Too bad I didn't know that while we were racing... maybe I could have gone a little faster! He came up to me after the race to say good job and then proceeded to tell me that he could have beat me by more if he hadn't slowed up at the end. He looked back and saw that I was far enough away so he slowed down... and if I would have tried to catch him he "would have just blown me away". Congratulations buddy... you beat a girl. (barely - ed.)

It was a well-organized race and one that we will do again (next year Eric will run too... hopefully that guy shows up again so he can get his ass handed to him). (affirmative - ed.)

1 comment:

Thomas said...

Congratulations on a storming race, and try to ignore that f*ckwit. Don't let him take the shine off your great performance.