Wednesday, February 14, 2007

No electricity = no treadmill = no run

I am sick. The long run on Sunday may not have been such a good idea. I woke up on Monday feeling pretty rough and decided a day off would probably do me some good.

Tuesday morning I felt a little better so I decided to go a slow 5 on the treadmill. I felt pretty good but as the day went on my throat started getting pretty sore. Up until that point most of the problem was in my sinuses. It wasn't the same sore throat that I am used to with a sinus infection... this felt really dry and tight. It hurt to swallow. I have never had anything worse than a cold so I was a little worried about how this felt. I went to bed last night thinking I would see how things were in the morning and at least try to get a few miles in.

Wednesday- The electricity went off in the night a few different times.. not cool when it is 20 below zero. It was still off at 3:00 this morning when our battery-powered alarm went off. I felt like crap and couldn't run without electricity anyway so I went back to sleep. My throat is pretty sore but I still think it is just a virus.. no white spots to indicate strep and my chest feels fine. I don't feel very good about taking two days off this week but it seems like it's the right thing to do.

No comments: