Sunday, February 25, 2007

New week

It snowed. A lot. We must have gotten 8-10 inches of snow late yesterday and in the night. That meant the roads weren't great this morning. Eric screwed some sheet metal screws into the bottom of my shoes for traction before I headed out at 6:30. It worked really well. I had to stick to a few of the main roads that had been plowed... running in tire tracks on our street was pretty slow. I felt good today. I was averaging around 7:50 pace for most of the run but dropped into 7:40ish pace whenever the roads were clear. I had three ~1200 meter harder efforts between miles 10 and 15 with a mile recovery between. I ran them at 6:46-6:48 pace and felt pretty comfortable. I had planned to do full miles but the roads/traffic made it too tough. Anyway, it ended up being a pretty solid 16 miles.

No comments: