Monday, July 16, 2007

Can you blame me?


I am having a pretty tough time right now... 3 weeks left until I have to start leaving these 2 sweeties at daycare. Needless to say I am quite the emotional mess lately. So how has this been affecting my running... I really don't think I am going to worry about the marathon anymore. I would like to still run it but am starting to realize that running 70+ miles/week while I am trying to balance family time and study time might not be realistic. Family obviously will come first and if something has to take the back burner it will have to be running. So I think I am going to drop my mileage some right now and do a little speed work to get my legs in something that resembles racing mode. And then I will just see how things go from there. I will still run as many miles as I can fit in to my schedule (without stressing myself out too much... something that I tend to do from time to time =)). If it happens that I can still run enough so that I can run the marathon, great! If not, at least I will have had a chance to run some races this summer.

14 miles this morning.

7 miles yesterday.

No comments: