Saturday, September 08, 2007

Half marathon :: 1:29:27

The race went well this morning. I tried to be more conservative at the start than I was for the half in Fargo. It seemed to work much better! Here are the splits:

6:48 | 6:44 | 6:57 | 6:47
6:51 | 6:49 | 6:57 | 6:49
6:46 | 6:54 | 6:49 | 6:53
6:40

It was definitely a challenging course with a lot of rolling hills and one big one right after mile 6. I am really happy with the way I raced today... I let a lot of the women get away from me at the start and spent the last few miles chasing them down. It made the race a lot of fun. I caught three within the last mile and may have had a chance at 3rd place if I would have started my kick a little earlier. I ended up in 4th place (10 seconds behind 3rd) but she was really slowing at the end. I was pretty excited to see the finish clock was still under 1:30 as I was approaching the line =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job today, Lindsey French! Sorry they goofed your name in the results...that's kind of a bummer. We'll get it fixed though. Great racing!

Mike said...

I was looking for you in the results and at first wondered if you'd skipped it! Congrats on a great race and a new PR for the sidebar.

I think half marathons are often decided in the last 3 miles or so. It seems many runners go out right at their lactate threshold, and after about an hour start tilting sideways a bit as their systems get overwhelmed and they have to start slowing. Your way seems better, with passing those people at the end. Enjoy the weekend.

Thomas said...

Beating 90 minutes, great result. Congratulations, Cindy.